Be Part of a Global Company with 120+ Years of History
Sumitomo Electric Europe Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Sumitomo Electric Group – a Fortune Global 500 company and a world–renowned leader in the research and development of high–tech products and systems. It continually expands its activities across various technologies, markets, and regions, and employing over 280,000 individuals in over 40 countries around the globe.
The Group recognises its employees as the driving force behind its success, and thus established its Global Human Resource Management Policy in 2011 to optimise the use of its technologies, products, business models, and other resources in order to ensure its sustained development and its ability to make meaningful contributions to the world. This Policy can be succinctly summarised as follows…
Sumitomo Electric Group’s Global Human Resource Management Policy
- We provide workplaces where all the employees can work actively, grow both personally and professionally through work, achieve self-actualisation, and contribute to society.
- We offer various career opportunities and globally pursue “the right person in the right position” regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- We value and promote diversity in the workplace in order to enhance the creativity of the organisation and to sustain the growth of the business.
- We develop global leaders who lead and give energy to our global business. Global leaders are those who understand and share the Sumitomo Spirit and the Corporate Principles and can lead highly diversified teams.
As a member of the Sumitomo Electric Group, we are committed to upholding our values and culture, and strive to go beyond this policy in all that we do. If you feel that this is something you can relate to and would like to be part of our team, please see our current vacancies below.
• Tax Manager (Elstree, UK)
Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm – 35 hrs per week (part-time hours could be considered)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax Manager to join our dynamic Finance team at our head office in Elstree.
In this newly created key role, the Tax Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Corporate Tax and VAT compliance for our UK and branch offices across Europe.
They will be the main point of contact for dealing with tax authorities, external tax advisors within the UK and across Europe when managing tax queries and preparing annual tax returns. It is therefore imperative that they can build good working relationships with people from a diverse range of cultures and be an initiative-taking leader to ensure returns and tax reports are accurate and submitted within timescales.
They will also be responsible for monitoring transfer pricing ratios, preparing transfer pricing documentation and collaborating with other departments within Sumitomo Electric Europe to achieve transfer pricing targets.
In addition, they will have one direct report to line manage, so previous experience of managing people will be desirable. They will also be required to travel to Europe occasionally for short trips with overnight stays.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Recognised accounting qualification(s) (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar)
• 3+ years’ post-qualified experience, ideally in a multinational corporation
• Solid understanding of VAT for domestic and cross-border transactions
• Sound experience of UK corporation tax computation
• Experience of dealing with transfer pricing issues / documentation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word and Excel
• Ability to take full responsibility for their areas
• Ability to multitask effectively and work to tight deadlines.
It is also highly desirable that you have no passport restrictions for travel within Europe or to our parent company’s offices in Japan.
If you have the required experience then we would love to hear from you. So, please apply by submitting your current CV and a cover letter to say why we should recruit you, along with and your salary expectations via the form below.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare, an annual medical, and life and travel insurance.